- Keenan Cornelius taps Dean Lister with a reverse triangle from the back at 9:15;
- Garry Tonon taps Marcin Held with a heelhook at 3:30;
- Pablo Popovitch and Eduardo “Teta” Rios grappled to a draw;
- Mike Fowler and Eduardo Telles grappled to a draw;
- AJ Agazarm tapped Oli Geddes with a bicep crush at 13:00;
- Kit Dale and Victor Silverio grappled to a draw;
- Michelle Nicolini tapped Angélica Galvão with a toehold at 11:00;
- Max Campos and Darragh O’Conaill grappled to a draw.
Keenan Cornelius vs. Dean Lister (No Gi)
Marcin Held vs. Gary Tonon (Gi)
Pablo Popovitch vs. Eduardo “Teta” Rios (No Gi)
Mike Fowler vs. Eduardo Telles (Gi)
AJ Agazarm vs. Oli Geddes (No-Gi)
Kit Dale vs. Victor Silverio (Gi)
Michelle Nicolini vs. Angélica Galvão (Gi)
Max Campos vs. Darragh O Conaill (Gi)
Thanks to Bloody Elbow
This saturday, january 10th, 2015, we’ll have the first Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu event of 2015, that is the…
Who will fight?
UPDATE 1: The first announcement is that third-degree black belt under Ricardo Liborio (ATT), Eduardo “Teta” Rios, will step in to replace Dean Lister against Pablo Popovitch.
UPDATE 2: A last minute shuffle here, due to reasons outside of our control, Abraham Marte is unable to compete against Keenan Cornelius. We’re looking forward to welcoming Abraham onto a future card.
Keenan Cornelius vs. Abraham Marte (Gi)Keenan Cornelius vs. Dean Lister (No Gi)
- Marcin Helo vs. Gary Tonon (Gi)
Dean Lister vs. Pablo Popovitch (No-Gi)Pablo Popovitch vs. Eduardo “Teta” Rios (No Gi)
- Mike Fowler vs. Eduardo Telles (Gi)
- AJ Agazarm vs. Oli Geddes (No-Gi)
- Kit Dale vs. Victor Silverio (Gi)
- Michelle Nicolini vs. Angélica Galvão (Gi)
- Max Campos vs. Darragh O Conaill (Gi)
Each fight will have a duration of 15 minutes and there will be no points, only the athlete who submit his opponent will be declared winner. Thus, if no one submit during the 15 minutes, the match will be considered a draw. The format closely resembles the lines of Metamoris, but it have some differences. It’s no allowed apply “Full Nelson“, “Crucifix” and “Can Opener“.
How to watch?
If you, like me, can not go personally attend the event in Wales, you can watch the event through the official transmission that can be purchased in this link.
Leia este post em português aqui.
Another excelent video made by BJJ Scout.
BJJ Scout is a very interesting blog that makes analysis of the techniques used by fighters from both BJJ and MMA also. This weekend we’ll have the clash between these two legends and to not lose the habit, BJJ Scout did a sensational analysis of the techniques and strategies used by Sakuraba to face the Gracie family. As I enjoyed the video, I contacted him and offered to do a translation. Then just activate the subtitles in portuguese!!!